Welcome to my iTunes How to Blog

Welcome to my iTunes How to Blog

Hello! My name is Phil Morris and I love music. I will listen to just about anything, but my favorites are new rock, classic rock and Motown soul/funk. One of my favorite past times is putting together mixed CD compilations. I like to try and find that perfect mix of tunes that fits together to form that ultimate playlist.

Back in the early 2000s I remember downloading tunes from Napster and Kaaza. It was great to be able to find new music without having to pay any money. There was a huge drawback though I got a bunch of viruses, spy ware and other junk on my computer. Then in 2001 I heard of individual users getting sued by artists for stealing their music via these forums. I thought it was urban legend, but it turned out to be true. I tried the Napster pay service for a while and it was OK, but I didn’t use it enough to get what I felt was my money’s worth, so I cancelled it. For a long time I chose to buy CDs of any new music I wanted to hear. At the time I was using Windows Media Player as my desktop jukebox. I would rip my CDs and make mixed compilations. In 2007, we bought my daughter a laptop for high school graduation. One of the first things she did was put iTunes on her notebook. She would rave at how great iTunes was and how easy it was to use. But me, being the rebellious hardheaded person that I am, refused to buy in. I felt iTunes was a monopoly and I didn’t like how they did things. I was anti-Apple, but not necessarily pro-PC.

When the iPhone came out it intrigued me. I was ready to purchase a new cell phone and both my daughter and brother had recently purchased iPhones. After a few months I asked them to tell me why I would want an iPhone vs. a regular cell phone. My brother made a very convincing argument which sold me. A few months back I purchased my very own iPhone and I’m very happy with it. One of my favorite features is it has its own iPod built in. This element brings me to the reason for writing this blog, my audience. I want to try and teach the other naysayers, hold outs and less tech savvy users just how great iTunes is. I will give a brief history of iTunes, tell you how to download the software, point out some of the cool features, show you how to make a playlist, and finally my favorite attribute, how to burn a CD through iTunes.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

How to Make a Playlist

To Make a Playlist:

Open iTunes

Click the plus sign in the bottom left hand corner



It will open an untitled playlist, name your playlist


To add songs

1) Drag and drop songs into playlist or
2) Left click on song

Scroll to "add to playlist"
Select which playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment